The course focuses on CAD 3D modelling for the design of metal fashion accessories using RHINOCEROS software from the modelling stage through to the creation of renderings.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to use digital software for the design and technical development of metal accessories for the fashion sector.
The course modules explore the use of the 3D model for the digital design of metal accessories:
- basic concepts of CAD 3D design;
- set up of user interface;
- 3D design support tools;
- guided exercises for designing different types of metal accessories;
- use of 3D models for planning production;
- introduction to photorealistic rendering;
- presentation of the interface for 3D printing.
Outcomes / Skills acquired
At the end of the course participants will have the ability to design and develop metal accessories using 2D and 3D programmes. They will have an understanding of the design techniques used to create metal accessories for fashion products (bags, small leather goods, footwear, belts, charms, costume jewellery) and know how to optimise product development in collaboration with the modelling/prototype, quality and engineering teams.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Upper secondary school leaver’s certificate or equivalent.